Goal planning software can be a terrific tool for those who embrace newer technology. Goal Setting For Success encourages you to weigh the benefits of using a manual planner versus an automated system.
In the following information, we've provided a step-by-step example of how to use the Master Action Plan form (M.A.P.) most effectively.
This does not require that you purchase any goal planning software.
Once you've downloaded and printed the M.A.P. form you will want to go through the following steps to complete your manual goal plan. No goal planning software is required for this example. The following information provides a detailed example of how to establish a Fitness Goal Plan:
I will lose 50 pounds in the next year and keep the weight off!
- To be around for my grandchildren
- To become my better self, healthier with higher self-esteem
- To be an example to those I love and who love me
- To ensure I live a long life
- To prevent disease and illness
- Get a physical exam within the next 7 days by Dr. X
- Join a local gym within the next 5 days and purchase a training package with a certified trainer
- Make an appointment within the next 5 days with a nutritionist to establish low calorie menu options that are nutritious and taste great
- Schedule time in my planner for weight training 3 days per week, and walk or run for 30 minutes on the off days.
- Write down all my meals and workouts so that I can keep myself on track daily and chart my progress.
- Lack of willpower: Establish rewards for yourself for hitting each target along the way.
- Hard to diet with traveling out of town: Plan your meals in advance. Bring healthy snacks with you to curb hunger throughout the day.
- "I can't give up chocolate forever": Change your mindset. Do not see this as a one year diet, see it as a choice to improve your lifestyle forever. "Nothing tastes as good as fit feels."
- "My family won't support me": Understand that only you raise the fork to your mouth and only you determine how long to sit on the couch. Take complete ownership of how you live your life.
Review the above high-impact activities. Use the 5-day planner to schedule your week to include the activities that will lead to your success. Continually assess and adjust the plan as needed.
Clearly, the above plan is not all-inclusive. In other words, it's not a complete plan that will take you all the way through the end of the year. The plan will need to be adjusted at regular intervals for maximum effectiveness.
The above example does, however, represent a plan that will get a person off to a great start, without the use of goal planning software, but with very specific stepping stones that can lead to long-term success.
To be clear, we are not saying that goal planning software is bad. In fact one of the best goal planning software available is Tony Robbins' Time of Your Life system, which we recommended earlier in our goal setting guide. Franklin Covey's Day Planner is another highly effective goal planning software programs.
Achievement does not depend so much upon the amount of money in your bank account. What's truly important is the amount of capital you have in yourself and how effectively you can use that material to do good things.
A man or woman who is weakened considerably by ill health, or who has sapped his energy by excessive use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs, has little chance for success when pitted against one who is healthy, robust and full of energy.
If you are truly committed to make the most of yourself, you will regard every bit of energy and every source of power, physical, mental and moral, as precious life-capital not to be parted with. You will look upon every form of dissipation, and every little drain of energy, as an unpardonable waste, a sin - almost a crime.
"Nature is not sentimental or merciful. If you violate her laws, you will pay the penalty for your bad decisions."
Keep yourself fit so that you can do your work and lead your life with dignity and vitality, and without struggle or strain.
The secret of your future achievement is locked up in your brain, in your nerves and muscles, and in your ambition, determination and ideals.
Everything depends upon your physical and mental condition, for that governs your vitality, your vigor, and your ability to do great things.
Every indiscretion or wrong indulgence simply opens a leak which drains off your success capital. Your body and your mind will respond in kind to how you treat them.
Take care of both the mind and body, and they will take care of you in your pursuit of success and higher achievement.
Receive goal setting guidelines for a complete performance action plan. Learn how to set goal plans for success. No goal planning software is required. The importance of goal setting activity cannot be overstated as setting performance goal objectives will definitely improve your life.
TO RECEIVE THE FREE GOAL PLANNING FOR SUCCESS TOOL: Subscribe to our FREE monthly newsletter. Instructions to access all leadership tools will immediately follow.
"The great and glorious masterpiece of man is to know how to live with purpose."- Michel de Montaigne