Tip For Good Customer Service
'Delight' Your Customers With Outstanding Service!
Looking for the ultimate tip for good customer service?
Let's begin by stating clearly that good customer service is not something great businesses just "happen" to provide. It's a choice that business owners and their employees make on a daily basis, during every customer interaction.
Great businesses are "driven to delight" their customers at every interaction.
Businesses that strive to secure a solid customer base, one that provides the luxury of recurring sales opportunities, understand fully the importance of delivery great customer service.
The following tips are key to good quality customer service:
- Be able to hang your hat on service - make service a "given". Inspect what you expect from your employees. Inspecting activities and behaviors sends a clear message that you are serious about what you expect.
- Place a premium on good customer service - reward and recognize employees for delighting your customers. It's not enough that they are satisfied - they should be "delighted".
- Hire only those people whom you can entrust with your name. Ask yourself, "How would this person treat my best friends mother?"
"As far as customers are concerned you are the company. This is not a burden, but the core of your job. You hold in your hands the power to keep customers coming back - perhaps even to make or break the company."
- Ensure salespeople only sell products that are needed. Needs-based selling says loudly to your customers, "I care about you and I'll take care of you."
- Make your customers a part of your team. This is particularly an important tip for good customer service.
Ask customers for referrals. Ask customers to participate in focus groups. Ask them to complete customer service surveys. Ask customers to address your staff as a guest speaker.
- Incorporate your service message into every meeting, at every level of the organization. Make certain that the "spirit and the act" of customer service shines throughout the entire organization. Make Service sacred.
The good news, and the bad news, is that most organizations fail miserably to fully leverage each customer interaction.
Many businesses are quite literally leaving money on the table by not adopting this one tip for good customer service.
"It starts with respect. If you respect the customer as a human being, and truly honor their right to be treated fairly and honestly, every thing else is much easier."
Organizations who lose sight of their customers present a wonderful opportunity for their competitors - to do what they failed to do, which is...
TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER!
Customer Service Tools & Resources
Every customer Service article provides insight on customer service training and customer retention practices. Identify an effective customer service tip that works! Access service ideas that can help to develop new business and retain existing business relationships. Download our free customer service tools to improve customer satisfaction scores and increase customer loyalty.
More Customer Service Articles
» Delivering Quality Customer Service Counts!
» Creating Your Company Slogan, or Battle-Cry
» Gain Quality Insight From Your Customers With This Customer Service Quiz